Pediatric Dentistry deals with the dental and oral needs of all children from birth to adolescence. As the child grows from infant to pre-schooler to teens, the dental needs change accordingly. For instance in infants teething problem, pre-schoolers have nursing bottle caries and most teens require orthodontic treatment (braces). Dental decay can be prevented but often parents consult the dentist when a child complains of pain or related symptoms. The Pediatric dentist understands the dental needs of your child at different stages of growth and development. A poor oral health can affect the child’s quality of life.
“Each and every child has a fundamental right to his / her total oral health and we as pediatric dentists have an obligation to fulfil this faith.”
The center provides following dental treatment for children:
Dental health education for children and parents
- Importance of dental visit
- When to start brushing your child’s tooth
- How to brush your child’s teeth. (Brushing techniques for infants)
- Demonstration of brushing techniques for children
behaviour assessment and its management
- Every child at a particular age has a set of anxieties and fear which cannot be neglected.
- Using different aspects of child psychology the pediatric dentist aims at making your child’s dental visit a pleasant experience.
- In case your child had an unpleasant dental experience in the past, don’t worry... using suitable behaviour modification techniques we can render dental treatment to your child and develop a positive dental attitude.
- Diet counseling and modification
- Fluoride programs
- Pit and fissure sealant
- White spot lesion management
Treatment of decayed teeth
- Dental Fillings
- Root canal treatment
- Stainless steel crowns
- Esthetic crowns
- Naso alveolar moulding for cleft lip & palate patients
- Correction of oral habits (thumb sucking, lip biting etc.)
- Space Maintainers
- Fixed orthodontic treatment (braces)
Dental treatment under General anesthesia
- We have an experienced team of Pediatrician, Pediatric Dentist, Pediatric anesthesiologist, who provide dental treatment under general anesthesia.
- The center is well equipped with an operation theatre and emergency care unit.