Pediatric Dentist in Malad, Mumbai
Pediatric Dentistry deals with the dental and oral needs of children from birth to adolescence. As the child grows from infant to pre-schooler to teens, the dental needs change accordingly. Our board-certified pediatric dentist is a member of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry and the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, monitors the orofacial growth and prevention of oral diseases in your children during several stages of their teeth development.
For instance in infants teething problem, pre-schoolers have nursing bottle caries and most teens require orthodontic treatment (braces). Dental decay can be prevented but often parents consult the dentist when a child complains of pain or related symptoms.
The Pediatric dentist understands the dental needs of your child at different stages of growth and development. Poor oral health can affect the child’s quality of life. “Every child has a fundamental right to his / her total oral health and we as pediatric dentists must fulfill this faith.”
The Children's Hospital Mumbai ensures pleasant dental experiences for our little patients. We always aim to give a perfect smile to your children with our pediatric dentistry services.
Dental Health Education for Children and Parents
- Importance of dental visit
- When to start brushing your child’s tooth
- How to brush your child’s teeth. (Brushing techniques for infants)
- Demonstration of brushing techniques for children
Behaviour Assessment and its Management
- Every child at a particular age has a set of anxieties and fear which cannot be neglected.
- Using different aspects of child psychology the pediatric dentist aims at making your child’s dental visit a pleasant experience.
- In case your child had an unpleasant dental experience in the past, don’t worry... using suitable behaviour modification techniques we can render dental treatment to your child and develop a positive dental attitude.
- Diet Counseling and Modification
- Fluoride programs
- Pit and fissure sealant
- White spot lesion management
Treatment of Decayed Teeth
- Dental Fillings
- Root canal treatment
- Stainless steel crowns
- Esthetic crowns
- Naso alveolar moulding for cleft lip & palate patients
- Correction of oral habits (thumb sucking, lip biting etc.)
- Space Maintainers
- Fixed Orthodontic Treatment (braces)
Dental Treatment under General Anesthesia
- We have an experienced team of Best Pediatrician, Pediatric Dentist, Pediatric anesthesiologist, who provide dental treatment under general anesthesia.
- The center is well equipped with an operation theatre and emergency care unit.